Joomla 3.x Web Builder: a crash course in building websites with Joomla! within a day! (2,500 Baht)
Marvelic Engine presents to you a crash course in making websites with Joomla! within a day. This is fit for amateurs who are familiar with using websites, or with basics of Joomla! 1.5 or 2.5, including those wishing to finish building websites within a single day. The course is self-contained, a workshop that offers you a step-by-step approach in order to make you fully understand the overall process of websites making and modification.
The course aims primarily at:
- Beginners on website or blog making
- SME businesses interested in online marketing
- Newcomers to online business
- Those responsible for organizational websites
- Marketers interested in online and E-marketing
- Those familiar with Joomla! 1.5 or 2.5
- People interested in Joomla! but have limited time
- Hands-on experience to make your own website
- Knowledge about Joomla! that is applicable further to your business
- A certificate for those finishing the course
- Lunch and coffee breaks
- A slide handout
- A notebook for each participant for use during the course
Topics in Joomla 3.x Web Builder: a crash course within a day
Session 1: Getting to know Joomla!
- What is Joomla!?
- Joomla! and its application in various businesses
Session 2: Getting ready before installing Joomla!
- System requirements for Joomla!
- Introducing open source tools
- Simulating a PC to be a server
Session 3 : Uploading Joomla! on the server
- FileZilla program setting
- Uploading Joomla! files to FTP hosting
- Creating the database
Session 4 : Installing Joomla! 3.x
- Steps in building websites with Joomla!
- Installing websites with Joomla! 3.x
- Main features of Joomla!: extensions, components, modules, plugins, templates, languages Joomla! backend
- Main features of Joomla!: extensions, components, modules, plugins, templates, languages
- Joomla! backend
- Setting the global configuration
Session 5 : Learning about the User Management
- What are Joomla! user groups?
- Learning how to access levels in Joomla!
- User management
Session 6 : Content Management
- Making a sitemap
- Managing the content structure in Joomla!
- Inserting images and video
Session 7 : Menu Management
- How to manage menus in Joomla!
- Creating and setting menus
Session 8 : Using the Contact Form
- Using the component "Contact Form"
- Making the "Contact Us" component
Session 9 : Using Modules and Templates
- Learning how to use popular modules in Joomla!
- Learning how templates work
Session 10 : Backing up and Relocating Websites
- Backing up website contents
- Relocating websites to a new server